Tuesday, July 13, 2010

TV Turnoff week - Day 2

Necklaces made by the boys for their sister.
Parker made the top and Caleb made the bottom necklace.

Today we ran some errands in the morning and went to the dentist. I go to a family dentist, so he takes care of the kids and I all at one time. The kids all did great, except Alyssa did not want to open her mouth to let the dentist peek inside. She had a good time playing, and loved when the dentist showed her how he could fill up a cup with water and vacuum it up using Mr. Thirsty. After the dentist we stopped to play at the park then briefly at Kitchen Kneads. The kids got certificates for being great patients from the dentist, which included a certificate for a free kids meal at Del Taco. So we stopped and had lunch on our way home. This afternoon we read stories and made necklaces for Alyssa's birthday while she napped. The kids played with neighbors both before and after dinner. I had a camp meeting tonight while the kids were gone playing. We are using Mod Podge to make covers for small photo albums for one of our camp crafts, so tonight I made some with the youth camp leaders and my assistant camp director. It was like a girls night out for me. Thank you neighbor for taking my kids!

No comments: