Friday, July 9, 2010

Family Fun Day

I took the kids to Family Fun Day at This is The Place Heritage Park. I questioned my decision when we waited in line just to pull into the park. After we parked, we waited about twenty minutes to get on the train to take us closer to the middle of the park. The time passed quickly as we ate the sandwiches I had brought with us, and we got free popsicles.

The boys enjoyed participating in the sack races next to the schoolhouse.
We also stopped by the "miracle round" so the kids could ride the horses. Parker was so excited to ride a horse, and did not complain about standing in line or show any hesitation once he was on the horse. Caleb said he did not want to ride the horses, but changed his mind once he realized we were going to stand in line for Parker to have a turn. I put Alyssa on a horse, but she did not want to ride it. It worked out though, because I was able to get photos of the boys.

The park has three trains that drive around the park. It was slightly awkward to get Alyssa, the stroller, lunch sack, water bottles, and camera all on at once. But I was very grateful for the ride so that we did not have to walk quite as far. I did not realize just how big the park is, and we will definitely have to go again. We did not even go on Main Street. Caleb was disappointed we did not get to make any of the crafts. Here is a picture of the kids riding the train back to the parking lot. The kids also loved climbing on the boat and riding the mini train. I was fascinated by the Navajo hogan and beautiful view of the valley below. It was about 90 degrees today. As we were leaving the sky was darkening, and it rained a little bit on our way home.

1 comment:

Corri said...

Looks fun! I think that taking three young kids out by yourself will always be an adventure!