Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Simplicity 7092 - capri pants


Over the weekend I made these capris. I am so excited about them because I have two pair of capris that are about worn out. The original pattern did not include the pockets on the capris, only the long pants, but I decided to put them on because I love having pockets. The waist is half elastic and half drawstring. The drawstring is a little long and unruly, but it did seem to shrink a little bit after I washed them. They are designed to sit two inches below the waist, which I decided is too low for my preference. When I bend over I feel indecent, so I will just have to wear extra long shirts with these. When I am standing up they are fine. The other thing that I am so excited about is that they only cost $7 to make for the pattern and fabric. I think I will use this pattern again, but add a few inches to the top, and maybe just use elastic rather than a drawstring.

2 comments:

Corri said...

Very nice! I absolutely love the way that drawstrings look at the store, but because I don't ever tuck in my shirts, I end up with a little bulge there which bugs me and then I always end up pulling the drawstring out and throwing it away. Silly me!

Alison said...

I love seeing all they things you sew. It amazes me! They look great!