Sunday, May 23, 2010

Why do you want to go out front?

This week I planted a bit of my garden, and a few flowers in pots. We planted three tomato plants, and one green pepper. I also have strawberries that survived from last year and cilantro. The cilantro never grew last year, and I was pleased that some grew. I will have to make salsa or Sante Fe Lime Rice.

The kids were all excited to help. They were lined up along one of the garden boxes, filling the flower pots with dirt. I thought to myself that I should capture this moment, but did not take the time to get my camera because I too had my hands covered in dirt. I let Caleb and Parker each plant one of the flower pots. We have alyssum, lobelia, snap dragons, and marigolds. Caleb was focused on getting as many worms as possible into his pot. We came inside to put Alyssa to bed and have Caleb do his homework. Caleb went back outside later in the afternoon. After a while he came and found me upstairs. He asked if he could go out front. I asked why he wanted to go out there. He replied, "Because I have a worm in my hand. I want to put it into my flower pot." I calmly replied, "Yes, please go put it outside." I am not a huge fan of bugs, but worms do not even bother me. I would, however, prefer to keep them all outside.

No comments: