
Today Caleb lost his first tooth. Last Tuesday Caleb brought up a can of fruit cocktail from the basement. He set it on the floor and then laid on the floor. Alyssa picked up the can and threw it at Caleb. It hit him right in the face near his top lip. Later that night I looked at his tooth and noticed it was crooked. This is a tooth that he hit on the concrete a few years ago, so it has been dead for a while. His gums looked pretty swollen so I called our dentist. I took him to the dentist on Thursday, but the dentist thought that it was loose enough that it would fall out on its own within a couple of weeks. Today Caleb was eating his lunch, and complaining that his tooth hurt. I looked and it was barely hanging on. Caleb took a few bites of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then all of a sudden he was spitting his food out because he did not want to eat his tooth. The tooth fell onto the floor. It is hard to tell if the entire root came out. I will talk to the dentist tomorrow to see what he thinks about it. Hopefully the tooth fairy will come tonight!
1 comment:
ouch!
I would not like to meet a can of fruit cocktail that way.
Hope it's all out so that the trauma is over.
And hopefully his next one won't be quite so dramatic.
Post a Comment