Monday, May 3, 2010

Butterick 3762, Toddler Dress

I bought this pattern a few months ago. When my mom visited last month we went to buy fabric for this dress. She helped me to get coordinating prints rather than using one fabric for the entire dress. I love how the fabrics go together. I made a combination of views B, D, and F from the pattern. I think it took about 8 hours to buy fabric, cut the pattern, sew, unsew, and sew some more to finish the dress. As you can see it is plenty long, so it will probably fit for a while. When I look at her I think of the song, "Little pioneer children, gathering berries for food." I wanted a longer dress, since she is outgrowing a few dresses. I probably should have measured this dress compared to her other dresses before I finished it. Oh well, she will just get bigger! I learned a new skill making the gathered sleeves. They went together quite easily, and I think they are darling. I also got to practice putting a zipper, and decided I need more practice.

2 comments:

Beth said...

It is darling! I like how the color brings out her eyes. Zippers . . . I still haven't used one in clothing--just on those little bags we sewed.
Great job! Another success.

Corri said...

It's perfect! I like little girls in long dresses.