Thanks for the ideas on meal planning. I am still working on it. Tonight it was 5:45 and I did not have a plan. I did get a lot of other things done today, and kind of forgot about dinner. We ended up having Progresso soup and sandwiches.
My sister encouraged me to make a 28 day plan, categorized by main ingredient. Categories include beef, chicken, casserole/slow cooker, seafood, fast meals, vegetarian/soup, and pork. Last week I got a 10 pound box of boneless, skinless chicken breasts because they were on sale for $1.39 per pound. I cooked some of them up for Hawaiian Haystacks and Chicken Pot Pie. They are still in my fridge, but I need to chop and freeze them. I also bought 6 pounds of ground beef for $1.69 per pound. I cooked all of the ground beef and froze it in small freezer bags with about 2 cups beef per bag. I cooked two pounds of meat with onions so it is ready for Popover Pizza and Chili and even labeled the bags that way. I still need to decide if I will go in the order, or just pick that day. I have most of the ingredients that I need, but do have a list of things I still need. It is nice to know that I have some choices for what I could make. So here are the meals on my list.
Zucchini Casserole (we actually already ate this)
Chicken Nuggets
Chili
Panko crusted Fish Sticks
Ramen Noodles and Grilled Cheese
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Pizza with ham and pineapple
Spaghetti
Chicken Parmesan (Beth please send your recipe)
Crock pot Chicken
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Frozen Pizza
Tofu Stir Fry
Pancakes with Bacon
Sloppy Joes
Chicken Pot Pie
Stew
Fried Fish
Boca Burgers
French Toast
Ham and Cheese Quesadillas
Enchiladas
Hawaiian Haystacks
Popover Pizza
Baked Tilapia
Eggs and Toast
Bean and Cheese Burritos
Breakfast Burritos
3 comments:
Can I come over on boca burger night? This makes me wonder what I should make for dinner . . . .
just kidding, I already know. (tonight, that is, don't ask me about tomorrow).
Looks good! Let us know how the plan goes...I've never done such a big one, usually just 1 week at a time. But that looks great!
I like this a lot. I think I have told you before that I want lists of what people eat for dinner. It helps me expand mine and feel interested in actually making dinner that is just not meat thrown on the grill with veggies and a side salad.
Post a Comment