
I used a new stitch and presser foot on this skirt. This is an over edge stitch, similar to what a
serger would do to prevent the fabric from fraying. I used this along the bottom hem. Thanks for the idea Beth.

I found the fabric at Hancock's on Saturday and could not wait to get started on this skirt. I used
Butterick 4522. I have used this pattern before when I made a
bias cut skirt. I decided to do the drawstring differently this time. I just folded the edges in, rather than sewing inside out and trying to turn it. It was much quicker and easier. This skirt also has a back slit. I decided to make the slit lower when I was cutting the fabric.
3 comments:
Love it! Very cute and exciting that you can make changes to what the instructions say and have a lovely product at the end of the day!
(I'm very tactile, I wish I could feel how thick it is . . . ) Is it like quilting cotton or thicker more like twill?
Cute! Cute! Cute! I love the fabric! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
It is such a fun, spring skirt. I need to cast aside all my winter colors and find something fun and fresh like this!!! Its perfect for Easter.
Post a Comment