Thursday, March 11, 2010

Getting through

Do you ever wonder if you are getting through to your kids? I often wonder, but this week I have heard my kids say things that make me think maybe they are learning something. The first was at church last Sunday. I had given something to Parker, and now cannot even remember what it was. The chapel was very quiet, and Parker said,"Thank you Mommy." I just felt proud that he was using good manners.

The second occurred last night during dinner. It was leftover night at my house. Caleb ate some chicken with spaghetti noodles, then asked," But Mom, what about the vegetables?" We have an unwritten understanding that you have to eat a vegetable at dinner or you do not get a treat. We do not always stick to it, but try to at least get some vegetables in the kids. He went to a birthday party last weekend with a huge pinata, so came home with a huge goody bag. He has been sharing it with the entire family.

Do any of you who read our blog have any ideas for getting kids to eat more vegetables. Some of my favorite are having a variety available. Some of my kids favorites are ants on a log, fresh peas ( I need to plant in the next week), big carrots, broccoli with Lemon Seasoning, canned green beans, and cauliflower.

1 comment:

Corri said...

My kids like to dip all the veggies in Ranch dressing. Not too healthy, but they eat them better that way!