
I have been wanting to make pillows for this couch for about a month. I check the Presser Foot blog occasionally and saw that the sew along for October was decorative pillows. I considered sewing along, but decided not to participate. Then my friend Alisha blogged about pillows she made from place mats, and decided to give that a try instead. I found these place mats on clearance for 75 cents each.
They are super easy to make. Since the place mat is made from two pieces of fabric you can just open the seam on one corner big enough to fill with stuffing. I sewed one back together with my sewing machine. It was hard to sew because of the bulk of the pillow. I am still trying to decide if it is worth it to take the stitching out and resew by hand. The second pillow I hand stitched, which I decided is the way to go for this project.
3 comments:
Did you try a more sturdy needle? They sell "jean" needles, which are stronger to get through lots of layers of denim, and also leather. It's funny how such a little thing can make such a big difference. Just something to try if you take out the first one. They look great.
They look great! What a great deal 75 cents is a steal and such cute pillows too!
Soooo cute!!!
Post a Comment