Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009
This year Caleb got to wear his Halloween costume several times. He was invited to a friend's birthday party earlier in the month, we had a Halloween party at church on Wednesday, and he went trick or treating around the block tonight. Early in the month I took the boys to look for costumes. Caleb chose his fighter pilot costume and Parker picked Thomas. When we got home Parker decided he wanted to be Superman instead. I was excited because he already had Superman pajamas, so I took Thomas back to the store. Alyssa gets to be a dog. Parker wore this costume when he was one year old. I thought it was perfect for her considering her love for things with fur, including dusters at IKEA. She loved playing with her costume, but does not like wearing the hood.
Alyssa and Caleb

Parker 2007

We usually carve pumpkins, but I forgot to buy some this year. Maybe I will go on Monday and see if they have any on clearance and we could carve them Monday night. I may have forgotten amidst trips to the doctor. Alyssa went last Sunday for an ear and upper respiratory infection. She had a fever on Saturday, but was working really hard to breath when she woke up on Sunday morning. Caleb went yesterday for strep throat. I kept Caleb home from school on Thursday because he said his stomach and head hurt. I thought he would be okay. Friday he was having a bath and he had a rash on his trunk, back, and knee pits. It almost looked like a sunburn. I have had a similar rash with strep before so I decided to take him in. Also the last time he had strep his main complaint was a sore tummy. Thankfully, the rapid strep test was positive so we could start him on antibiotics right away. He seems to be feeling better today.

Both boys are playing indoor soccer and are on the same team. Today was their first game. Caleb wanted to play goalie, and stood right by the goal for most of the second half of the game. He had quite a few blocks, but I don't think their age division is supposed to have goalies. Parker just wanted to be wherever Caleb was, but was a little sad he did not get to kick the ball. Once they were running back to defend their goal. Parker was following Caleb, but the ball hit the back of his feet. It was good to slow down the other team. Parker tripped once and landed right on his face. He cut his lip, which bled for a little while. After that he did not want to go back in the game. They were excited for their treats. Parker was especially glad to get a treat after going to Caleb's earlier games and not getting a treat since he was not playing.

1 comment:

MetroParks said...

Happy Halloween,
The kids were adorable!!!
Glad they are feeling better. Sam actually took a nap right before trick or treating and we noticed his voice was funny when we were out. Now he has a headache. I hope it is strep and not H1n1 which is rampant around here.