
Parker and Caleb are the best friends. They have times when they fight, but I think that is a normal part of life. It has been kind of hard on Parker to have Caleb gone to school. Many mornings when we drop Caleb off, Parker is sad and says he wants to go to school as well. I have been trying to spend time with him while Caleb is gone and Alyssa is sleeping. I am doing a preschool once a week with several other moms. We trade off being in charge and having it at our house. This morning I dropped him off and he had to wash his hands. They were going to paint with pudding and then lick their hands. Sounds fun! I was hoping to go shopping while he was gone, but Alyssa desperately needed a nap. I have been trying to get things done that have been on my to do list for months. Last week I was in charge of preschool. We learned about trees and fall. I was thinking that the leaves would have changed color and fallen off the tree. I had planned a craft with leaves, so we went to pick the leaves off the tree. We watched this movie about trees.
Parker will tell us that preschool is boring, but I think he does enjoy it. We are doing a travel preschool about once a month. One of the moms used to be a travel agent and really loves to travel. She hosted the first travel preschool. She sent the kids airline tickets to Hawaii in the mail about a week before preschool. Parker came home from her house with a lei, a travel brochure he had made, and a paper with Hawaiian words he had learned. She even made passports for the kids that we can stamp every time we have a different travel preschool. My next turn is close to Veterans' Day. Let me know if you have any great ideas.
1 comment:
I don't have any spectacular ideas, but perhaps you could find some of those little American flags for them? Is anyone in your ward a veteran or an active military officer? They would love to see someone dressed up in uniform, or even have the chance to try on part of a uniform, hats, jackets, etc. I've used alphabet-soup.net for preschool things. I looked and didn't find anything specific for Veteran's day, but there must me more out there.
Post a Comment