Thursday, October 29, 2009
Night Terrors
Parker has had some night terrors lately. He just starts screaming, but is not really awake. Once we can fully wake him up he is fine and will go right back to sleep. It seems like he has them when he is over-tired. They usually occur within the first few hours after he goes to sleep. I mentioned it to Keith's mom and she said that one of her kids also had night terrors. She gave them something small to eat which would wake them up. Last night Parker woke up about 10 PM. I gave him a couple of Smarties which woke him up quickly and stopped the screaming. I know it is not great for his teeth, but it sure worked for the night terrors. Sometimes I just take him outside in the cold which wakes him up. I tried that in St. George, but it was not even cold outside. I remember Caleb having night terrors and being so scared because I did not know what was going on with him. It is less scary with the second child because we know what is going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment