Somehow I ended up at skiptomylou.org and found a pattern for an oven mitt here. The pattern uses Insul-Bright insulated lining. I found some at Walmart and had this Christmas fabric at home. It came together easily and seems to work well. It feels thinner than some other oven mitts I have used, but kept my hand cool as I took a cookie sheet out of the oven tonight. I used a straight stitch to stitch together the two pieces of fabric and Insul-Bright. I followed the lines on the trees to stitch it. The inside of the mitt does not line up, but I was not as concerned since you rarely look at the inside. The pattern also recommends using bias tape. Honestly I don't even know what it is, so I did not use it. I just used a strip of fabric that was folded over to make the loop and sew along the bottom of the mitt. I love the size of this oven mitt. It is smaller than most, but fits my hand well. 
Then I made the headband. It is a very quick sew. It is a project I found on Presser Foot, and the pattern can be found here . I used fabric leftover from a skirt I made this spring. I think I will wear it on Sunday, and then decide if I will make any more. I don't wear headbands much, but this one is very comfortable. If you have any ideas for cute ways to wear them let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment