
This week I was in charge of preschool for Parker. Here are the cute kids we get to have for preschool, but were missing one. We learned about Veterans Day. There is a man from our ward in the Army being deployed to Afghanistan that we wanted to honor. The kids made cards to send to him, as well as for his family.
Our family delivered the cards and cupcakes to the family on Wednesday. We also visited a memorial for people from our community who have died in service to our country. We are so grateful to the many veterans who have sacrificed to serve our country and keep it free.
2 comments:
That is so wonderful! I wanted to teach my kids about Veterans' Day this year, but never quite got around to it. It makes me feel bad when the meanings behind these holidays go unappreciated.
That's a lot of kids! I'm impressed. We have five in our "preschool" and I'm secretly pleased when only 4 show up - makes it so much calmer!
Post a Comment