.jpg) |
| My new outfit |
This project has been in the works for months now. I wanted a dressier shirt than a t-shirt, but fabric that is easy to wash and still looks nice. I think I started last May, and just finished it yesterday. It was all done, except for hemming the sleeves and bottom. I was worried about hemming the bottom of the shirt because I wanted to coverstitch it, but was unsure how that would work at the center seam in the front. So it hung untouched for months in my closet. Finally yesterday I decided I would just try and see if I could finish it. We ordered pizza for dinner, so I had a little while to sew while Spencer napped. The most time consuming part was switching my serger from regular serging to be able to do a coverstitch. Once I had that done, the actual sewing went very quickly. The part I was most worried about turned out okay, but because of the style of the shirt I don't think anyone will ever notice the slight imperfection. I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I got it done, and wondered why I waited so long.
.jpg) |
| This shows the neckline detail a bit better |
Overall I am pleased with the shirt. I love 3/4 sleeves! I wish I would have made a size smaller, and may end up taking in the side seams a bit. The shirt is a bit too big, but when I started making it I was still nursing a baby, and had some baby weight to lose which is probably why I made the size I did. It keeps my neck nice and warm in the cold weather we have been having. My original plan was to make the shirt to go with this skirt that I made last summer. It is made of light pink interlock from Hancock Fabrics. I love this outfit because it is machine washable, I don't have to iron it, it is very comfortable, and the skirt is long enough to sit on the floor and play with the kids at home and in nursery.
4 comments:
Great job, Laura.
It's a good color on you, too.
I love that style! Very classy.
Beth comment is word for word what I intended to write so I will just say ditto. Love it.
Wow, that neck looks hard. Nice job, it looks great!
Post a Comment