Saturday, January 12, 2013

Doll quilt

 I decided to make a doll quilt for Alyssa for Christmas.  I used scraps I had around the house for the top.  Most of the fabric was from skirts I made for my nieces, and a pair of pajama pants I made for a different niece.  The yellow scraps came from a friend.  Amazingly, I was able to find the same yellow fabric at Walmart, to add a small strip of color to the sides of the quilt.  I used purple flannel for the back.  In order to complete it in time, I worked on it during the day when Alyssa was around, and I just told her it was a present for someone.  Caleb, Parker, and Alyssa all helped to tie the quilt. 
It has been covering one of her dolls since Christmas.  I think she likes it. 

1 comment:

Mortar and Pestle Mom said...

So girly, I love the colors!