My mom has been an avid quilter for many years, making many beautiful quilts. She has asked me more than once if I wanted to learn, and each time I declined. Then I went to a class taught by a friend on 9 patch quilt squares. She taught me how to make a basic 9 patch square, but also taught the easy way to make triangles by sewing 2 squares together and cutting it in half. I also made sailboats, although I was trying to make a different pattern. I am beginning to understand why my mom loves it so much, and thought of all the blank walls in my house that could be adorned with a quilt.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
I am beginning to understand
My mom has been an avid quilter for many years, making many beautiful quilts. She has asked me more than once if I wanted to learn, and each time I declined. Then I went to a class taught by a friend on 9 patch quilt squares. She taught me how to make a basic 9 patch square, but also taught the easy way to make triangles by sewing 2 squares together and cutting it in half. I also made sailboats, although I was trying to make a different pattern. I am beginning to understand why my mom loves it so much, and thought of all the blank walls in my house that could be adorned with a quilt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment