Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break


Last week Caleb had Spring Break.

Monday we met Keith for lunch, then I took the kids to the Church History Museum. They have a fabulous kids area that my kids loved. I think their favorite part was fishing from Lehi's boat.

Tuesday we had preschool for Parker at our house. We were learning about the letter W. The kids painted with watercolors while listening to Handel's Water Music, read Wemberly Worried and A Weekend with Wendell by Kevin Henkes, talked about the weather, went outside to look for worms, played a matching game with pictures that start with the letter W, glued wheat to the letter W, and had worms (gummy) and Wheat Thins for a snack. I think that the kids all had fun, and Caleb was excited to be home and be able to help at preschool. A couple of the kids stayed to play for the afternoon.

Wednesday we went to a Spring Festival and visited a different county library than the one we normally go to.

Thursday the kids played with friends for most of the day. I was planning on keeping Alyssa with me, but the 9 year old girl in the family asked if Alyssa could stay to play with her. So I had a few hours on my own to run errands. I also made strawberry jam, both cooked and freezer jam. I don't think my cooked jam set though, any thoughts? All the jars sealed though, so I don't think I am going to try again with this batch.

Friday we played outside and the kids were able to play with the neighbors.

Saturday I took the boys to the movie theater to see Rio. They thought it was so fun to go and see a movie in the theater, although Caleb was disappointed that his friend was not able to come with us. The Easter Bunny made an early visit to our house on Saturday. The boys were excited to find eggs and candy in their bedroom! Saturday night we colored Easter eggs. Alyssa did not really understand using dippers to get the eggs out of the dye. Her hands were so yellow when she was done.

We had a nice Easter Sunday, and had my aunt over to join us for dinner. We are grateful for this time of year when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Holly said...

if the jam doesn't set...maybe you now have strawberry syrup?
Holly