Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maybe not today, but soon

I have been thinking for a few weeks that now is the time to start really trying to potty train Alyssa. Monday I went to the doctor's office, and stopped in the restroom before we left. When I came out of the stall Alyssa had her pants, socks, and shoes off and was trying to take her diaper off. Her diaper was still dry, and she used the toilet. A friend who has since moved away told me that from the time her children were babies she set them on the toilet as she filled the bathtub to help them get used to the toilet. I have done this with Alyssa, and she is not afraid to sit on the toilet. She does go to the bathroom occasionally, and shows more signs of readiness than I ever remember with the boys. I just dread the process.

I am down to about ten diapers, and was really going to start today putting her in underwear. Then at 4 AM, she woke up crying because she had thrown up. Thankfully she only threw up one more time as I was cleaning up, and we were able to have some more sleep. Then this morning in the first hour she was awake I changed 3 crazy diapers. Wish me luck and much patience.

No comments: