Sunday, September 13, 2009

Spaghetti Sauce


Saturday night I made spaghetti sauce from scratch for the first time. I vaguely remember blanching and peeling tomatoes as a child, but have not done it since then. A friend and I were going to can spaghetti sauce a couple of weeks ago, but I did not go since my family all had a stomach virus. I had a large bowl of tomatoes in my refrigerator that I didn't want to waste, so I decided to try making the sauce on my own. Since I am unsure how to can it I will freeze some. We had it tonight for dinner and it was delicious. I think tomorrow we will have Crockpot Lasagna.

1 comment:

Beth said...

OOOOHHH! We make our own sauce often, but I used store canned tomatoes. This looks & sounds much better. Wish I were eating at your house!