Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Fence

We are getting a new fence along the front edge of our house. We already have fence on the other three sides of the backyard. I am very excited to be able to contain the kids in the backyard. Since I am a people watcher, I will miss the view of the street. The dig and set crew came today and put the posts in the ground. My kids were so excited to see their four wheeler (also known as a quad bike). We just had to go outside and see it when they were driving it around. They used it to pull a wheelbarrow-shaped trailer full of cement to put into the holes.

Caleb and Parker went to look at the holes they had dug for the posts. There was a very large worm on the concrete that Parker was studying. He said he was scared of it, so Caleb picked it up and put it into one of the holes. Later Parker came back looking for it, and was upset he couldn't find the worm. Parker said he wasn't scared of the worm anymore and really wanted it back out of the two foot hole in the ground. It was a chilly, rainy day and even snowed some today. I was glad that I wasn't outside intstalling a fence.

No comments: