Wednesday, March 18, 2009

To Everything there is a Season

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die ; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh ; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


Today Caleb said it was so sunny outside that we should go outside. He got himself dressed, brushed his teeth, made his bed, brought the water and comb down so I could comb his hair, brought his shoes and Parker's shoes, and was all ready to go outside. How could I tell him no when he was absolutely right! It was about 60 degrees, sunny and calm. We stayed outside for about two hours. We were working on getting the garden ready to plant peas. Caleb and Parker worked on moving rocks from one spot in the yard to the other. They also played on the swingset, dug in the dirt, rode bikes, and ate lunch.

I found a small worm in the garden and gave it to Parker. He played with it for a minute and then said, "I made two worms!"

Later I found a big worm and let Caleb hold it. Parker wanted it in the garden and Caleb wanted the worm in the compost pile. I guess you can fight over anything.

Last week Alyssa decided that she was done nursing. This is always very sad for me because I feel like my babies don't need me anymore. It does have benefits though. I was excited to wear a regular dress on Sunday, which I haven't done for over a year. She is growing up so quickly. She also started babbling, saying la, la, la and blah, blah, blah. She just woke up on Monday morning and started to talk.

Caleb got Legos for Christmas and his birthday. They are the new favorite toy around our house. Caleb and Parker play with them every day for hours. I will have to post some pictures of some of their creations.

1 comment:

Beth said...

My favorite is Parker's comment about making 2 worms. Love the scriptures, too. Caleb is getting so helpful!