Then we played Guess who has the Lego. One kid sat in the middle with eyes closed while the others passed the Lego man around the circle until the music stopped. All the kids closed their hands and the person in the middle tried to guess who was holding the Lego man. Then we ate Lego birthday cake and green punch.
Next the kids went on a Scavenger Hunt around the yard. The scavenger hunt ended at the swingset where they found a pinata. Keith worked long and hard on this pinata. Isn't it great! 
After they filled their goody bags we came back inside to open presents. We also gave all the kids little K'nex sets that had pieces to build a dragster. The kids had fun playing with their cars and then went home. It was a little muddy outside, so hopefully the other parents will forgive us for sending their kids home with dirty shoes. When I asked Caleb what his favorite part of the party he said all of it. He said he wanted to have another Lego party. At least now we have some good ideas for it.
Caleb was excited to get more Legos for his birthday, and could hardly wait for Keith to put them together. For dinner we went to Texas Roadhouse. In December I had gone to the bank and got $20 cash. I didn't realize for a few weeks that they had given me $21. So one day the kids and I took the dollar back to the bank. They gave us two tokens for free kids meals at Texas Roadhouse. I was telling Caleb about them, and he said he wanted to go there for his birthday. I told him that would be great to go to celebrate his birthday. It was pretty crazy, but the kids had fun eating peanuts. When we got there I was putting our name on the waiting list and Parker was telling her that he wanted chicken nuggets and french fries. Their idea of a restaurant is McDonald's, so it was hard to wait for their food.
2 comments:
What a fun post! You and Keith win the award for the creative parents! Nice job on the cake and the pinata.
Happy Birthday, Caleb. Today Diana is 2!
Congrats on having a 5 year old! Can you believe it's been that long?
What a fun idea! Sounds like the kids had a great time!
Post a Comment