“Although we can have testimonies of many things as members of the Church, there are basic truths we need to constantly teach one another and share with those not of our faith. Testify God is our Father and Jesus is the Christ. The plan of salvation is centered on the Savior’s Atonement. Joseph Smith restored the fulness of the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Book of Mormon is evidence that our testimony is true.”
I also like this talk by Susan Warner in General Conference in October 1998 . She taught an easy way to remember the important elements of a testimony.
I remember how my father taught me of his testimony with the fingers of his hand.
1. God is our loving Father in Heaven.
2. His Son, Jesus Christ, is our Savior and Redeemer.
3. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and he was the instrument through which the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth and the Book of Mormon was translated.
4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s Church on the earth today.
5. This Church is led by a living prophet who receives revelation.
We are also going to make a wheel that teaches about testimony. Hopefully Parker will realize that testimonies are more than just volcanoes.
2 comments:
What a great story! Where did he get volcanoes? Thanks for sharing. Are you tonight's teacher?
Best wishes.
Just last Sunday at Fast and Testimony meeting, Jared, the 6 year old, asked why kids were getting up to talk and I said they were sharing their testimonies. And he asked what were testimonies..so I knew I was being remiss...so you knew I was needing this...thanks a billion!
Post a Comment