Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring Skirt - Simplicity 4206

I made a goal to make Easter dresses for two of my nieces. I later realized this was unrealistic and decided to make skirts, and bought purple t shirts to go with them. I finished the first skirt last week. It has the same fabrics, but has pink on the top and bottom with the purple in the middle. I forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it. Hopefully I can get a photo of both girls in their skirts. I made a size 8 for each of them, but for the older niece I added an inch of length to each tier of the skirt.

On this project I invited a friend to come over and sew with me. She made a skirt for her daughter that turned out so cute! She learned how to gather fabric. It was fun to sew with a friend.

No comments: