Several months ago, after running out of paper napkins, I decided I wanted to make some fabric napkins that we could use occasionally. When we visited my parents at Thanksgiving, my mom gave me some fabric that was perfect for napkins. Then I got a serger for Christmas to finish the edges. Here is a sampling of the napkins I have made. I still have 6 tan napkins cut and ready to finish. I am debating if I should use navy blue on the edges again, or if I should use tan thread. I am happy every time I use one. I might want to make some red napkins for those nights we eat spaghetti. For now we just use paper napkins when I think dinner might stain the fabric.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Fabric Napkins
Several months ago, after running out of paper napkins, I decided I wanted to make some fabric napkins that we could use occasionally. When we visited my parents at Thanksgiving, my mom gave me some fabric that was perfect for napkins. Then I got a serger for Christmas to finish the edges. Here is a sampling of the napkins I have made. I still have 6 tan napkins cut and ready to finish. I am debating if I should use navy blue on the edges again, or if I should use tan thread. I am happy every time I use one. I might want to make some red napkins for those nights we eat spaghetti. For now we just use paper napkins when I think dinner might stain the fabric.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My sister in law made a bunch of these for me for Christmas one year, and I use them all the time!(even though we did use paper ones when you were over on Sunday) :-)
I should use cloth, too. Yours look great!
Post a Comment