A while ago my sister asked me if it was hard to ask people to watch my kids. I said it was not hard to ask them. She said that I must have good friends, and I feel like I do. The best of which is of course my husband, but there are others out there, too.
Today we had Stake Conference. We stayed after to help clean up the chairs. I had gone onto the stage with the boys, and Alyssa in my arms. The chairs were nearly cleaned up when Alyssa threw up! Keith was on the other side of the room and did not see what was going on. My friend Dawn was also on the stage, and saw my plight. She quickly ran to the bathroom to get paper towels. I sent one of the kids to find Keith. Dawn came back with paper towels. She handed some to me and then proceeded to wipe Alyssa off and clean up the carpet. I was just amazed at her help. I think I might have gone to get paper towels, but I do not think I would actually clean up the mess. Keith finished cleaning up the floor and took Alyssa to the bathroom to wash her off. I am grateful for Keith's help. I do not do well with messes, especially on carpet. I just do not feel like I ever get it clean. I am so glad that she did not throw up during conference, and that it did not get on anyone but she and I. Alyssa seems to be feeling better now, and has gone for about 5 hours since she last threw up. At about 5:30 I realized I did not have a plan for dinner. I had just been watching Alyssa to see if she was going to throw up. Keith offered to make dinner, and we had some wonderful orange chicken.
No comments:
Post a Comment