Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Little Color

I am trying to choose paint for our basement in the process of being finished. So I bought 8 ounces of Gobi Desert paint, spilled half of it on the carpet, and used some to paint this board. I spent a couple of hours trying to get the paint out of the carpet, then Keith worked on it some more when he got home. The kids watched 4 episodes of Scooby Doo, and ate popcorn while I tried getting the carpet clean. The picture above is in one of the rooms where the paint will go with just natural light coming in the window. The small square of carpet is the carpet we will probably get. The picture below is in the family room under artificial light. We have the same light fixture as we will have in the basement and compact fluorescent bulbs. I wish you could come and see it in person to let me know what you think. Please leave your comments to let me know. Also, please share your thoughts on sheen. I am debating between Satin and Semi Gloss.

2 comments:

Beth said...

It sounds like a frustrating experience to clean the paint. I'm SORRY!

I like the color. It is nice. Honestly, I can't see the carpet color.

As for the sheen . . . I am probably not the best one to ask, (b/c I've never owned walls to paint). But I would probably go with the one that is less likely to show dirt, or the one that is easier to clean. You have 30 small fingers at your house.

MetroParks said...

Love the color and it seems to go well with the carpet.
I looooove satin finish. Semi-gloss not so much. I don't like the shine or feel of semi-gloss and find that satin cleans up just as well but gives you a prettier, matte finish. Also it is easier to paint over if you find the need later on. You don't have to use the acidic wash to break down the shine first.