Saturday, February 6, 2010

Shirt dress



My friend Erin made a dress from an old shirt, and I thought it was a great idea. I used this tutorial as a guide. Parker was gone to preschool, Alyssa was napping, and I really wanted to sew but did not have fabric. I looked through my closet to find a shirt I could use. I took a picture of the back of the shirt, which is essential for this dress. I nearly finished it that day, but then decided I wanted to add some trim to add a bit of color. So for a few weeks it sat in my to sew pile. Yesterday I was at Walmart and found the black fabric. Keith had to go into work last night, so I had some time to sew after the kids went to bed. Here she is modeling her new dress.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That turned out so cute! I wish I could get back into sewing...

Beth said...

It is adorable! Is the black fabric a knit, or a woven? I can't tell.

Your sewing is really good. But the best part of the photo is the smile.