Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another year older

Keith and I celebrated our birthdays. Mine was yesterday and his was today. Keith took the boys to the store yesterday to pick out presents for me. Alyssa and I stayed home and took naps. Parker picked a semi truck and Caleb picked Star Wars Legos! Caleb wanted to go to the store today to pick out presents for Keith's birthday, but Keith said he had enough presents. Keith gave me a cast iron bread pan and pie crust shields, and a car ride song CD from Alyssa. I was given some money and a gift card for JoAnn's. We ate cheesecake, and Parker blew out the candles before I had a chance. We lit them again so I could blow them out.

Last night we stopped at Wendy's then went to Liberty Park for a picnic. It was a beautiful night to spend at the park with my family. The kids loved being outside and running around the park. I love all of the trees, the pond with ducks and geese, the playgrounds, and nice wide sidewalks for pushing Alyssa in the stroller. Today Parker wanted to go back to Liberty Park and kept asking if it was time to go yet.

The other thing I really wanted for my birthday was a date with Keith. His sister Laura was kind enough to offer to watch the kids for us. We went to IHOP for breakfast, then called to check on Alyssa. Laura said she was doing fine, and was asleep. So we went to the temple. It has been a long time since we have gone together, and it was so nice to be there. On the way home we stopped at Baskin Robins to pick up an ice cream cake for Keith. Laura said Alyssa did pretty well while we were gone. We were worried because this is the first time we have left her with anyone for longer than 20 minutes. Thank you Laura! He was excited to be old enough for a clown cake! For about a month Caleb has been planning to have an Easter Egg Hunt for Keith's birthday. Yesterday the boys and I filled the eggs and put them in my closet. They hid the eggs with Laura before we came home. She hid some pretty well and we were still finding them tonight. Keith was kind enough to share his candy with the rest of us. We ate pizza for dinner with lemonade. Keith got some jeans and socks for his birthday, and a drill that he used about a week ago. He also got some money and a gift card for Best Buy. Thank you to all those who called to wish us a Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

meghannamarie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, kEITH AND lAURA...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOOOOOUUUUUUU!
I hope you both had great birthday's, sounds like you both had a perfect day! You are sooo lucky to get to go to the temple together...we need to do that soon!

Beth said...

So glad you got to go to the temple, as well. Aunt Laura is so lucky to be your babysitter! Happy B-day to Keith--we didn't call you.
What are you going to do with your Joann's $?