I called Deseret Industries looking for canning jars. The lady on the phone said, "No, it's canning season. As soon as we get jars they are taken off the shelf."
My friend Michelle called me this week and invited me to come over and can with her. She got pears and apples from trees from family members. She didn't want to can alone, so we spent two days canning together. Our kids played together while we worked together in the kitchen. I came home with 13 quarts of pears, 6 quarts of applesauce, and 6 quarts of apple pie filling. It was so much fun to get together and do with a friend. We did find more jars at Albertsons so we could finish our canning. We canned together last year, too. I still don't think I know how to do it all on my own, but it is fun to learn more about how to do it. We only had to buy some jars and new lids, so it wasn't too expensive.
2 comments:
Where are your photos of the jars??? That's my favorite part, seeing the filled jars sitting on the counter. Next to eating what's inside, that is. So fun to can with a friend, I wish I were there!
I'm impressed! Canning is one thing that I've never attempted yet. Thanks for tagging me--I (finally) posted it on my blog.
Post a Comment