Sunday, February 10, 2013

This week

Alyssa thought the trucks needed drivers. 
 Before Spencer was born Alyssa moved into the boys old bedroom, which I had painted this cute truck border.  I thought at some point we would repaint or move Spencer into it and let him enjoy the trucks.  A few weeks ago Alyssa was playing very quietly in her bedroom. When I went to check on her I found princesses driving the trucks that go all the way around the room.  I scolded her a little bit, and told her not to put stickers on her walls; but was holding back my laughter because she had meticulously placed a face in each cab of each truck. 

A few days later these princess stickers, intended for the walls, arrived in the mail.  Keith offered to switch Alyssa's and Spencer's beds so they could trade rooms while I took Caleb to basketball practice.  Alyssa was so excited to decorate her new bedroom.  

She is enjoying her new room
 She has moved the stickers around her room quite a bit, so I am not sure how long they will last.
Spencer in his new bedroom
 He doesn't really seem to affected by the change in rooms.  He still just wants to go and play with Alyssa, so he knocks on her door to see if he can come in.  His knock is extremely powerful for a boy his age. 
Alyssa learned about teeth at preschool
Parker wearing his 100 days hat
 Parker celebrated 100 days of school by attending a play, The Sorcerer's Apprentice.  He had a great time. 
Spencer likes to help Caleb unload the dishwasher
Caleb had his last basketball game of the season.  He has had a great time playing this season with a couple of boys he knows from school.   Tonight he said that when he grows up he wants to be an NBA player.

I traced the pattern pieces for the Tiramisu Knit Dress.   I have been wanting a new dress for about 6 months, but could not find what I wanted when I went to the store to look.  When I saw this dress, I knew I wanted to make it for myself.  It is the most expensive pattern I have ever purchased, but think it will definitely be worth the price.  I found some inexpensive knit fabric to make a wearable muslin, but am still looking for the perfect fabric.  The fabric cutting is one of my least favorite parts of sewing, but I am very excited to get sewing. 


1 comment:

Mortar and Pestle Mom said...

Princess truck drivers. That is great! Kids can be so creative, can't they?