 |
| Front view - showing off the pockets |
I am so excited that I finished my
dress tonight, at least for the most part. I did not hem the bottom of the skirt, but may just leave it. It is so comfortable! I found this mystery knit at Walmart in Tooele. The skirt is designed to be knee-length, but I cut the longest length on the pattern because I like my dresses long. This pattern used three different measurements (high bust, bust, and waist) to create a great fit.
 |
| Back view - for my sister who helped solve the problem of the collar flipping out |
When I first made the bodice the back collar was flipping out. My sister came to visit just in time, and suggested that I take in a wedge from the top back to accommodate my shoulders (I never realized they were narrow). It fits much better now. This time I just sewed up the center back seam, but next time I will alter the back bodice and binding pieces when I cut my fabric.
 |
| I love the design in the middle of the midriff |
I was very impressed with this pattern. It came from Australia, and arrived in just a few days. It was very well written and easy to follow the directions. I did sew a couple of the pockets on the wrong way, which slowed down my progress. Thank goodness for my seam ripper! I also found extra information on this
website with additional tips.
This is supposed to be my practice dress, but I am thrilled with how it turned out. I am still searching for more fabric to make another one, but am hesitant to buy fabric online.
1 comment:
It looks great.
Buying fabric online is easier than you might think . . . . .
Post a Comment