My mom found dish towels, but bought them to make into napkins. When she came to help me after Spencer was born, I offered to serge the edges for her. She picked out all the hems, so the napkins could be a little bigger. After she left they sat untouched for four months. Five months later I am finally finished with them. I used a rolled hem with Maxilock stretch thread. It was not quite as nice to work with as woolly nylon I used on my own napkins, but the appearance is similar. I decided I needed finish up my projects for others before I start on my selfish sewing. Next in line is Caleb's comforter. The last time I washed it the batting ended up all bunched up into a ball. I am going to put the old batting in, as well as another layer of batting, and tie it like a quilt. I am motivated to work on them, so that I can start something for myself. I am making Kwik Sew 3826 view B, that I hope to finish for Easter in light pink interlock from Hancock Fabric.
1 comment:
Nice to finish a project, no matter when.
I love that shirt. Make it quick, so I can borrow the pattern from you.
I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment