Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 Months old!


Spencer is now 5 months old!  It is amazing how quickly the time has gone.  He is now big enough to play in the saucer, and generally loves it.  He likes to be held, and does not like it when everyone else leaves him alone in the room.


At dinnertime he likes to sit on my lap, rather than in his swing  or bouncer next to the table.  He had a mysterious rash on his stomach and back for a couple days last week, but it was gone on Sunday morning.  He has rolled over a few times from his stomach to his back, but does not do it regularly.

He often wears a bib, to try and catch some of his drool.  He can soak several bibs each day, or shirts on those days I forget the bib.  He likes to be swaddled and suck his binky as he falls asleep.  He is no longer sleeping through the night regularly, and sometimes is up three times in the night.  It has been difficult to try and get him onto a regular schedule.  I feel like I have to wake him up to go to the school or that he falls asleep in his car seat while we are running errands.  I am going to try writing down what he is doing and see if we can condense his sleep into longer stretches.

The other kids all like him, and like to help him out by bringing him toys and trying to get him to smile.  He has had a problem of his messy diapers leaking out his leg.  At first I thought he was getting too big for the size 1 diapers, so I bought size 2.  For a couple of days he did not have any leaks, but then he started having them leak again.  We are going to try a different brand of diapers and see if that helps.

We love having him in our home.


1 comment:

Alveybunch said...

Such a sweet little guy!