Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby quilts

A few months ago I was at Hancock's and they had a bunch of fabric for $1 per yard. I saw this Elmo fabric and the polka dots and thought it would make a great quilt for a boy or a girl. I have never made a quilt on my own, but wanted to make one for this baby. I have quilt frames that I had only used for building forts, but never for tying a quilt. Keith helped get the fabric on the frames so I could tie the quilt. When my mom came she taught me to bind the quilt. She did most of the binding for me.
Spencer received his first package in the mail on Monday from his other grandma. She made this darling quilt for Spencer. So now Spencer has two new quilts made with love from his grandmas.

1 comment:

Corri said...

Beautiful quilts and such a sweet sleeping baby!

I've been waiting for you to tell us if you liked waiting to be surprised by the gender or not... how was that? Lots of fun?