Not so goodCrack - Was that the sound of a jar breaking as I put it into the canner?
Klink, klink, klink - Yes that is the sound of broken glass rattling around as the water boils :(
Good
My friend saying,"First you blanch the pears." I was shocked. I thought you had to peel them with a peeler or knife, but blanching works wonderfully for pears!
Beep, beep, beep - The timer signaling the end of the 35 minute processing time.
Pop! The sound of jars as they seal. Yeah to 20 quarts of fruit!
I raw packed some of the pears with apple juice, and hot packed the rest in a light syrup. We will see which way we like best. Parker woke up and saw all these jars of pears, and wanted them for breakfast, but I could not bear to open them up when they had only been done for a few minutes. We ate a fresh pears instead.
2 comments:
They are lovely.
I also love the little pop they make when they seal.
Those look beautiful! Nice work!
Post a Comment