Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It shouldn't surprise me

That Caleb likes to read backwards. Yesterday as he finished his twenty minutes of reading he started at the back of the book "Jessica" by Kevin Henkes. Henkes has become one of our favorite children's authors. He read the words, but was going backwards through the book. I used to "drawkcab klat" with my siblings and friends. We even made up rules for talking backwards. Words that end with -ing or -ed, keep the ending the same. For example, "playing putt putt golf" would be "yalping ttup ttup flog".

That Parker loves to wear shorts, even in the snow. We woke up to about an inch of snow on the lawn yesterday, and Parker refused to wear pants. Last night I took all of the shorts out of his drawer and am planning to hide them. I remember wearing shorts in elementary school when there was snow on the ground. I think I would have shorts for basketball or volleyball practice, but that I would keep them on all day.

That Alyssa has a hard time waking up. She hardly ever wakes up happy. She usually wakes up crying, and cries until we come to get her out of her crib, and sometimes takes half an hour to fully wake up. I have a hard time waking up, and am often pretty grumpy when I wake up from a nap. Was I like that as a child? Sometimes it is a little scary to think what I am passing on to my children.

1 comment: