I signed Caleb and Parker up for the summer reading program through the county library. They completed their reading charts in July, but we had to wait until August to get their free book and final prize. They both picked Spider man books. In addition to their book they also got a certificate for a free hamburger kids meal at Carl's Junior, cookie from Cookies by Design, and free taco at Chipotle. In July they also got a certificate for fries from Carl's Junior.
We have been doing summer reading for a few summers, and it has helped me to make reading with my kids a habit. We read two stories almost every night before they go to bed. That way they each get to pick one book.
2 comments:
Hooray for Summer reading!
Good for you guys! I love the library, but am having to adjust to a new library system since we moved. I wish they had more kids' programs!
Post a Comment