
Parker loves meat! He has been asking me for Chicken Nuggets for some time, and we finally had them tonight for dinner. I found this great recipe for "Shake It, Bake It" in the book Live Your Life for Half the Price by Mary M Hunt. This time I left out the regular salt, and think it is still delicious.
Shake It, Bake It
4 Cups Breadcrumbs
1/3 Cup vegetable oil (used canola)
1 Tbsp. salt (I left it out)
1 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. celery salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. minced garlic (I left this out)
1/4 tsp. minced onions (I used dried)
1 pinch dried basil leaves
1 pinch dried parsley
1 pinch dried oregano
Combine all ingredients in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Seal bag and shake all ingredients together. Store in a sealed container for up to six months in the pantry, longer in the refrigerator.
Remove the amount you need and store the balance in a tightly sealed container or bag in the refrigerator. You will need about one cup of coating mix for a 3 pound chicken cut up, or 6 to 8 pieces.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Moisten pieces with water. Shake off excess water. Place coating mix in a plastic bag. Shake 3 or 4 pieces at a time. Discard remaining mix. Bake on foil lined cookie sheet for 10 to 15 minutes. (For convection oven cook at 375 for 10 minutes).
1 comment:
Looks great!
Post a Comment