Friday, March 11, 2016

Downstairs Bathroom Remodel

Before
 Keith's been busy working on updating our downstairs bathroom.  Here are a couple of pictures before he got started. 
The outlet is hidden behind the towel
Now the mirror is gone
 When he pulled the mirror off the wall there was some weird glue they had used to hang it, and he had to use mud and sand it a bunch of times to get it nice and smooth.  He changed out doorknobs from the shiny brass to oil rubbed bronze. 
Notice the outlet is now closer to where the mirror will be
 We didn't like having the outlet right under the towel, so he moved it to the right so it is now more out of the way.  We got a granite countertop with an undermount sink.  We added an oil rubbed bronze faucet and soap dispenser.  We got a different toilet paper that is recessed in the wall, instead of the one on the side of the cabinet.  The light fixture was one of the first things we changed out, but I didn't get a great photo of it. 
After (can you believe it's the same bathroom)
 I had bought a gallon of paint years ago that I thought was a sage green.  He painted just a little bit, and we realized it was baby blue. This color is Softened Green (by Sherwin Williams), and I absolutely love it!  I knew he loved me as I sat watching him paint the white walls green, since he thinks all walls should be white.   I was going to take a picture of him painting, but he just wanted pictures of the end result. 
Our newest art
 We found this picture with a gold frame, but we wanted it oil rubbed bronze, so Keith worked his magic to make it match our other decor.  I found the new mirror at Taipan Trading. 
This shows the new towel holder
He's almost done working on this bathroom.  We're waiting on a new toilet that is on back order.  It will actually sit against the wall, instead of being several inches away from the wall.  Thanks Keith for a wonderful bathroom remodel! 

2 comments:

Beth said...

Is it the same cabinet? Looks great, can't wait to see it in person.

Keith and Laura said...

It is the same cabinet under the sink. We'd love to have you!