Sunday, January 10, 2016

First full week of January

This has not been the best week back to school for Alyssa.  Tuesday morning Alyssa woke up feeling sick to her stomach.  I thought maybe it was upset from having too much FHE treat on Monday.  I let her choose whether or not she felt bad enough to stay home.  She decided she was okay to go, but all day I expected a call from the school.  Thankfully I didn't hear anything.  When I went to pick her up though, she reported that she had just thrown up on the sidewalk while she waited for me.  Poor thing!  That night she didn't get sick again though.  She might have had a bit of a fever when I put her to bed, but she slept fine. 

My plan was to let her sleep in on Wednesday, but she got up and started getting breakfast and felt fine so she went to school.  When I went to pick kids up from school I saw both Alyssa and Parker start running for the car.  Parker climbed in, but Alyssa didn't.  I couldn't see her from where I was waiting.  A few seconds later I saw her in tears next to one of the teachers.  She was sobbing because she fell and hit her head pretty hard. 

Thursday I got a call about 1:00 pm from the school telling me that Alyssa just threw up in the lunch room and could I come get her.  When I got there she was in the bathroom by the office changing her shirt.  She got sick several more times that evening. 

Friday I kept her home so she could rest some more.  Spencer was so sweet taking care of her.  When I went to go shower he kept coming up to check if Alyssa could have another sip of her Pedialyte or if he could get her some bread.  He said he was so glad that Alyssa was home. 

Saturday she seemed fine and was doing really well today until about 10 pm (as I sat typing this), I heard Keith call for me.  He had her in the tub without her shirt because she had just thrown up all over the floor where she was sleeping.  He offered to clean up her room if I would bathe her.  I definitely got the good end of the deal.  I just feel so bad for her, and wish she could just get over this! 

Friday, Keith came home from work feeling pretty bad.  He has some sort of stomach bug, too.  He's feeling a little better tonight, although not as good as before cleaning up Alyssa's vomit.  But he's been down most of the weekend.  This is really stressful for me because I worry it's going to hit the other 2/3 of my family.  Hopefully the Lysol spray and wipes will stop it! 

1 comment:

Mortar and Pestle Mom said...

Can only get better from here, right? Sorry for all the sickness in your family. Hope everyone feels 100% really soon.