My stake asked me several months ago if I would be able to help the wards sew pioneer clothing for trek if anyone needed help. So I decided I wanted to make a skirt and bonnet beforehand so that I knew what I was doing, and planned to give to my neighbor to use for trek. I helped a little bit four years ago when our stake went, but I didn't do the bonnets correctly, and wanted to make sure I got it right this time. So this is the first skirt and bonnet I made. I went to the church two nights to help make a few more, as well as had several young women come work on their clothes at my house. Then I sewed 11 neck coolers for one of my friends, who was going as a ma. They are similar to these. A few days after I sewed them, I was at a family reunion and noticed my husband's aunt and uncle were wearing some that also had a button and buttonhole on them, to help keep them on. My friend said they were a lifesaver for trek. It was fun to get to help sew!

No comments:
Post a Comment