Sunday, February 23, 2014

Picture a Day - January

I saw an idea to take one picture each day and thought it was a good way to document life.  I usually forget to take a picture, but wanted to share a few pictures capturing the moments in our life right now. 
Spencer helping Parker clean the bathroom
 Right now we usually try to clean the house on Friday afternoons.  Caleb and Parker each tidy, dust, and vacuum their own rooms and help clean another room in the house.  They take turns each week cleaning the living room: since it is the easiest they always want to do it.  Alyssa cleans up her room so I can vacuum it.
Spencer with his bowl
 Spencer said he was going to throw up, so he got himself a bowl from the cupboard and laid down on the beanbag.  Thankfully, he never got sick. 
Caleb reading on the floor
 Caleb likes having a fort in his bedroom.  He currently sleeps on the floor instead of his bed. 
Parker showing off his Legos
 Parker saved his Christmas money to buy these Legos.  I was proud of him because we went to the store a couple of times and he did not spend his money.  He really wanted this, and was patient enough to order it online.  
Caleb's stuff
 Caleb built this giant, heavily-armored ship.  He likes to weigh his creations, this one was 1 lb. 10 oz.
Spencer at playgroup

Alyssa making a snowman out of shredded paper
 We are doing playgroup with Alyssa one morning a week.  She has two friends that we are doing it with, and we take turns hosting. 
Bedtime stories with Grandpa Parks
 Grandpa Parks just retired, so he and Grandma came to visit us.  While they were here they babysat our kids, went to school movie night to see "Monsters University", came to see Parker's community project for school, took our family to dinner at McDonald's, read stories, helped with homework, listened to piano practice, and had fun with us.  We loved having you come visit us!
Reading with Grandma

Spencer loves to help make bread
Alyssa having fun with flour
I still make most of the bread that we eat, although I have bought more bread in the past few months than I had for a while.  I just love how it tastes, so I keep making it.  My kids love to help with it.  I also made some homemade freezer jam this month with a friend, so we had to have homemade bread to go with it.  She had raspberries she had in her freezer from her garden that she shared with us. They were so good!

No comments: