Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pinewood Derby

Caleb has been involved in Cub Scouts since March, and is really enjoying all of the activities.  He was especially excited to participate in his first Pinewood Derby.  He decided that he wanted to make a pickup truck.  Keith helped Caleb build his car.  They did a great job because Caleb won the Pinewood Derby!  Caleb does not like to lose, so I was trying to prepare him before that his truck might not be the fastest vehicle.  He was so excited watching his truck race down the track, and realize that it was faster than all the cars.  He loved spending time with Keith learning how to use some of the tools in the garage.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am in awe of Derby success. We never achieved it--in fact we experienced Derby tears.

I guess we'll have a go at it again in 6 more years. Until then, we hope you, Keith, Caleb & Parker can teach us a trick or two.