Saturday, July 7, 2012

Father's Day

 Keith is a wonderful father to our children. At night when we are reading scriptures the oldest 3 kids all crowd around him.  When he was helping Caleb with his Pinewood Derby, Parker and Alyssa were often with them, too.  He works hard to support our family, but always takes time to spend with our kids.  Parker and Caleb love playing soccer with him in the backyard.  We are grateful he is the father in our home! 

This year for Father's Day I decided to make an ice cream cake for Keith.  I used 9 inch rounds to bake the strawberry cake.  Then I lined one of the clean pans with Stretch Tite (plastic wrap) and filled it with softened strawberry ice cream, covered it with more Stretch Tite, and put the ice cream in the freezer to harden.  Later I layered the cake and ice cream, and frosted with Cool Whip.  It looked plain, so I used grated a Hershey's chocolate bar over the top.  It took about an hour for it to soften, after we took it out of the freezer, enough that we were able to cut it into slices to eat.  So we sliced it all before we put the leftovers back into the freezer.


No comments: