Sunday, November 7, 2010

Change is in the air

A friend in the ward was taking pictures at the ward Halloween party. Today she gave us this photo. I want her to take a family picture for us. She had a big, colorful duster she was using to get the kids to smile. After watching her for a while, Caleb commented that it was a lot of work getting the kids to smile.

Parker gave his first Primary talk today. This is big progress for him because he would not even speak to his Primary teacher for quite a while at the beginning of the year. He did a great job. He held up a few pictures as he spoke. Here is a copy of his talk. Jesus Christ taught me to serve others. Jesus told a story about the Good Samaritan. A man was robbed and hurt. One man walked by and did not help. Another man walked by and did not help. A Samaritan man came by and helped take care of the man. He took him to an inn, and gave the innkeeper money to take care of the man. I can serve in my family by helping. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


I was released today as ward camp director and Primary teacher. I was put in as the ward Relief Society President. I am excited and overwhelmed by the responsibility.


Keith was called as a Sunday School Teacher for the 16-17 year old class. I think he will do a great job, but I am guessing the youth won't make him cards or draw him pictures like some of our Primary kids did for us.

5 comments:

Corri said...

That is a wonderful picture of your boys!

Good luck with your new calling. I know that you will do a fabulous job! You are such a humble and thoughtful person--what a perfect combination!

Holly said...

Wow - that's quite a calling! I'm sure you are equal to the task, though to you it might not seem that way right now.

Alison said...

My condolences :) You'll do a wonderful job and learn so much! It was just over a year ago I was released... Good luck with everything, this is a hard time of year to be put in. (Feel free to pick my brain about anything :))

Unknown said...

you post your new calling like it's not that big of a deal! You will do great!

That is a great picture of the boys. She would take great family pictures.

Erin said...

Oh My! RS President is a huge responsibility, especially for someone with three little kids! That being said, I'm not at all surprised you were called and I know you'll do extremely well. Ever since our freshman year at BYU I've looked to you as my example of someone who always sees the best in others and never speaks negatively about any person. The women in your ward will be blessed by your great love!