Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In the last week

Strawberries were 97 cents per pound, so my sister and I made freezer jam.


I found a use for some of the fleece I had leftover after making sweats for the boys. Parker has been asking me to make some pants for this bear so he would not be naked. Last week Caleb even prayed for me that I would be able to do a good job. He had a red, knit sweater. I started with the pants, and tried remembering how I made the pants Parker is wearing in this photo. I was glad I remembered a tip Beth gave me: If you are not sure how it will turn out try basting it. I was so glad I did because when I first sewed the pant legs together one leg was inside out. Then once I had the pants done, I decided to try making a sweatshirt to go with it. It turned out pretty well, and Parker seems happy to have clothes for his bear, who he says is the smallest one in our family. This was the first time I have tried creating my own pattern. I saved them just in case. Parker did mention that the bear might need more clothes.

My kids had fun talking to each other through the vents in our house. Parker was downstairs in the bathroom, and Caleb was up in his bedroom. They began having a conversation. Later that night Parker was upstairs in the bathroom and Caleb was in his room. Alyssa came into the bathroom and could hear Caleb talking but did not know where Caleb was coming from. She lifted the cover over the vent, but was so confused. I finally took her so she could see Caleb.

Keith and I taught our first class at church for the 7-8 year old kids, and it went fairly well.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Nice . . . I've been waiting for that jam photo.
New class! Great news.
The pants looked like they turned out well.

Alison said...

You always amaze me with the things you tackle! Dayah & Porter recently figured out the vent communication too. It's pretty funny to listen to them :)

jenncloward said...

Making jam was so much fun I decided to make some more with my neighbor! We did 8 packages of strawberries like you and I did. We did use the corn syrup though, so I'll have to compare it to the recipe you and I did without the syrup.