1. Spaghetti
2. Chicken Nuggets
3. Pancakes/Waffles/French Toast
4. Grilled cheese and Soup
5. Pizza
6. Crock pot Lasagna
7. Hawaiian Haystacks
8. Tacos
2. Chicken Nuggets
3. Pancakes/Waffles/French Toast
4. Grilled cheese and Soup
5. Pizza
6. Crock pot Lasagna
7. Hawaiian Haystacks
8. Tacos
One night when Keith was at work all night I discovered The Food Nanny on BYUTV. She is a little cheesy for me, but I like some of her ideas and actually like watching the show. Here is how she does meal planning.
MONDAY: COMFORT FOODTUESDAY: ITALIAN NIGHT
WEDNESDAY: FISH & MEATLESS
THURSDAY: MEXICAN NIGHT
FRIDAY: PIZZA NIGHT
SATURDAY: GRILL NIGHT
SUNDAY: FAMILY TRADITIONS
I have not totally embraced it yet, but it was a new way of thinking about it. We have started having pizza night once a week, usually Fridays. I often make my own pizza, but sometimes we buy frozen pizza or order pizza.
Please share your favorite meals and recipes with me. If you have great ideas for how you do your meal planning please let me know. What's for dinner at your house tonight? I still have not decided.
3 comments:
Dinner tonight? popover pizza
(casserole with ground beef, tomatoes, mozz cheese and a crust on top for readers who aren't family members)
I have a 28 day plan of our favorites--organized a little bit like the food nanny but mine are by main ingredient--chicken, beef, fish, vegetarian, pork. We eat from this plan about 75 percent of the time. Making it forced me to expand my favorites--so I think it's a worthwhile exercise, even if you don't use strictly use it.
My favorites:
Chinese chicken salad, chicken parmesan, tilapia fish sticks, minestrone, hamburgers, fried egg sandwiches, chili & cornbread, homemade mac & cheese, cabbage roll casserole, and anything I don't personally cook myself.
Get a little input from your kids and hubby--they are excited to know they can pick something.
Sorry for the mega long comment, I should have emailed.
Meal planning? That is definitely not one of my fortes. But I usually do what you've done, I plan a week at a time with 7 dinners and do what I have time for. If it's a busy week I try to plan real simple meals. We've also done a pizza night once a week. I usually use rhodes for the dough. Anyway, some of our staples: crock pot chicken (or cream cheese chicken), baked potatoes, sandwiches (egg salad or grilled cheese), tater tot casserole, Italian noodle casserole, chicken enchiladas, pesto, ham fried rice, haystacks, chicken with broccoli & rice casserole, just to name a few. Chicken pillows/rolls are pretty easy to do as well.
I'm glad you posted about this. It's something I need to be better at and am trying to make sure I do. Thanks for the inspiration!
I would have to add Breakfast to that list. I make some type of breakfast for dinner at least a couple of times a month. Usually either waffles with fruit or scrambled eggs and toast. The boys love it and it's easy and quick for me to make.
Post a Comment